Saturday, January 15, 2011

Cupcake Heaven



































This is a new recipe i tried out, and it blew me away. Imagine a chocolate brownie... but as a cupcake.. cream and all. And since valentines is soon round the corner, why not start trying out some recipes till then.


CHOCOLATE BROWNIE CUPCAKES, WITH WHIP CREAM FROSTING


Cupcake
1 cup flour
1/2 cup unsweetened cocoa
1/2 tsp baking powder
1/4 cup salt
2 tsp vanilla
1 egg
3/4 cup whipped cream (hopla)
1/2 cup butter


Mix flour, cocoa, baking powder, soda, and salt. In a separate bowl, cream butter and sugar on medium until light and fluffy. Reduce speed to low and add vanilla and egg. Add cream and flour mixture alternately while still mixing. Pour into lined cupcake pan. Bake at 350 for 20 minutes, or until toothpick comes out almost clean.


Frosting
1/2 cup butter
1 cup icing sugar
3/4 cup whipped cream (hopla)


Beat butter until smooth. Add sugar. In a seperate bowl beat the whipped cream. Mix two together and beat until spreadable. Place mixture into piping bag (with star top) and pipe onto cupcakes (make sure that they have cooled down)




7 comments:

  1. I really like your blog and all the attention to detail you give both to your food and the way it's presented :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those look beautiful. I love the red of the flower mold. Stunning.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have no doubt that the taste is delicious, but Roberta my dear - the presentation is SIMPLY AMAZING! WELL DONE!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thankyou so much for the lovely comments, to me, photographing the food is my favourite part

    Thanks

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your photos are extremely beautiful! I esp like the first one, the frosting looks perfect. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Roberta! How fun to find your blog! Thank you for the add on FoodBuzz - I love the stunning photos of the chocolate delicious cupcakes!

    ReplyDelete
  7. These look absolutely divine. I wish I had one right now!

    ReplyDelete