Tuesday, January 4, 2011

Wishful Thinking

I have been dying to bake some Macaroons, Iv seen so may beautifully pictured ones in blogs such as Canelle et Vanille.. And well, guess what, they were a total flop, seems like everything went wrong, from the piping (no piping, because somehow the mix didn't want to come out of the piping hole), and once I finally got the piping to work.. disaster broke... they suddenly flattened out and started to join one another, in looseness... you can imagine, Total Disaster, I was furious... because I was sooo looking forward to photographing beautiful Strawberry macaroons, and well, all i ended up doing was cleaning up the mess I made. After I calmed down, I decided to check online, and whether anyone else has had the same problem... and its mainly since the piping didn't work and refilled it, by that time the mixture would lose its 'meringue' quality bubbles, and flatten.. so next time, it should be one big rush..


Oh well, i guess i'll have to try it again soon, to some avail
 

2 comments:

  1. I feel your pain. I went through the same thing and sometimes still do depending on the humidity, temperature etc. Macarons are definitely not easy to make. You might find this helpful or at least comforting! http://bit.ly/Bma3v

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thankyou for the link, it does help.. :D here in Malta we do get very high humidity too... its currently at 74% and the temperature today is 17 degrees(62.6F) so its hott and humid :(

    :D

    ReplyDelete