Saturday, April 30, 2011

Strawberry tart

Strawberries are currently in season here in Malta, and I haven't yet experimented with them, more than just milkshakes and strawberry meringues, so this is a new recipe for me.







































I knew i didn't want a custard tart, so I just went with a basic Sweet tart pastry, then I made a strawberry caramel with Cinzano, which didn't turn out so great looking since it didn't really harden up, and remained quite watery :( Next was double cream with sugar and vanilla extract.. topping up with Strawberries, simple and delicious





12 comments:

  1. I love strawberries tart,yours looks yummy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hola

    The tarts lookyummy. Not quite strawberry season here in the UK yet, it will be soon though!

    Sarah

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks Sarah

    Strawberry season is coming to a close here in malta, so will definitely try n more recipe before.. maybe some cupcakes

    :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is just so darn pretty. Makes me want to make strawberry tarts every week 'til the strawberries are gone. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks Anh, youv got a lovely blog :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I made strawberry tart recently too, they're just coming into season here too.
    Yours look gorgeous though - so elegant yet homey. And really delicious.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Yes, too often, I have seen people use a custard cream for strawberry tarts. I have been trying to find alternatives myself. The one I have always wanted to try is an almond paste. Lovely photos, Roberta

    ReplyDelete
  8. beautiful! Looks divine! Love fresh sweet strawberries. We are having a late season here in New York but hopefully soon!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thankyou for your lovely comments :)

    ReplyDelete