Wednesday, July 20, 2011

Lemon Kisses & Homemade Lemon Curd

It's about time, and finally I'm back with a new blogpost! I couldnt think of what my next recipe was going to be, so i was inspired by the Lemon tree in my parents garden, they have so much lemons left over, why not try lemon Curd. This is the first recipe involving lemon curd, and there is more to come... since I've got leftovers

 




























LEMON CURD

3 large eggs

3/4 cup (150 grams) granulated white sugar

1/3 cup (80 ml) fresh lemon juice (2-3 lemons) (do not use the bottled lemon juice)

4 tablespoons (56 grams) unsalted butter, at room temperature

1 tablespoon (4 grams) finely shredded lemon zest



In a stainless steel bowl placed over a saucepan of simmering water, whisk together the eggs, sugar, and lemon juice until blended. Cook, stirring constantly (to prevent it from curdling), until the mixture becomes thick (like sour cream or a hollandaise sauce) (160 degrees F or 71 degrees C). This will take approximately 10 minutes. Remove from heat and immediately pour through a fine strainer to remove any lumps. Cut the butter into small pieces and whisk into the mixture until the butter has melted. Add the lemon zest and let cool. The lemon curd will continue to thicken as it cools. Cover immediately (so a skin doesn't form) and refrigerate for up to a week.

Makes 1 1/2 cups (360 ml).



Note: If you want a lighter lemon curd whip 1/2 cup (120 ml) of heavy whipping cream and fold into the lemon curd.

The cookies recipe is here











9 comments:

  1. I wish I would have a lemon tree! I really like lemon curd. Beautiful pictures.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lemon is my favorite flavor in the whole world and these cookies look so delicious! Your photos are gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I recently made lemon curd, used it for cake, have some left over was wondering wat to do stacking between cookies is wonderful idea and Thank you so much for stopping by my blog and for your words of appreciation. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your curd looks and sounds delicious.This is my first visit to your site so I decided to spend some time browsing through your earlier posts. I'm so glad I did that. You've created a lovely spot for your readers to visit and I really enjoyed the time I spent here. I'll definitely be back. I hope you have a great day. Blessings...Mary

    ReplyDelete
  5. Will be trying out the lemon curd! looks delix =)...also loving your photos !

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks woodYOU! Iv seen your work at patches market.. very unique :)

    ReplyDelete